1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Outlook is not connecting with my broadband..

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by AndyOhana, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyOhana

AndyOhana Thread Starter

I originally had my Outlook connected with my cable service to receive my e-mail, but after 8-27-03, which was the last time I received anything through Outlook, it hasn't been able to synch up with my COX.net service (my ISP). I keep getting this message when I test the settings in the POP which says" Send test e-mail message:The specified server was found , but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, then click More Settings and click Advanced tab".
    Its says the say exact thing for when " Logging into incoming mail server(POP3).
    I tried checking the POP3 and SMTP settings with a fellow friend who has the same service, and he told me the settings were the same. He said I might need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook on to my computer.
    I tried redoing the whole thing in when adding a new POP3 account but it still won't work.
    This is getting frustrating because I constantly use Outlook, but I have to open a webpage to access my e-mail. I'm doing to many tasks with less efficiency now.
    Can someone please help, because the people in tech support aren't trained on how to deal with this problem...
    ARARAGGGHHH..HELP, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Welcome to TSG!
    Have you checked with your ISP to see if they may have changed any server name or settings you may have missed?
    Also check to see that Outlook is set to "Use Any Available" means to check your mail and not accidently set to something like "Dial-up".

Let us know what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice