1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Outlook not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CLHanssen, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CLHanssen

CLHanssen Thread Starter

Two days ago I was using my Outlook fine and checking my e-mail and messages and yesterday it just does not come up. I let it wait for 4 minutes and does not come on at all until I restart my computer. What did I do wrong and how do I fix this problem?

2. remaja

remaja

could you provide us with more information like what operating sysstems are you using? can you check your email after restarting you compuer?

are you using dial up? any firewall?

3. CLHanssen

CLHanssen Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 2000 Pro. I can't check it period because it does not come on after I click on tne quick launch bar.

4. inetbogey

inetbogey

Hi CLHanssen,
    just a thought, how big is the .pst file?
    can you open it when in safe mode?
    did you do anything to the box before this happened?
    did you open an e-mail that acted kind of strange? if so, do you have the preview pane open?
    what ver of office do you have?
    what OS do you have?
    have you tried to do a virus scan?
    you no doubt did most of these things, but i like to get this stuff out of the way early.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Are you talking about Outlook or Outlook Express?

6. remaja

remaja

inetbogey puts it nicely. try to check these out and you'll should be able to find out what's the problem

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice