my password will not log me on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trixie01

Last night while surfing the Web my computer apparently crashed and shutdown when I went to reboot the computer it had my name as a user and needed a password to load Windows. But when Iput my password in it tells me that it is the wrong password and it is not because that is the same one that I have always used. I have Windows 2000 Professional and need thiscomputer to run to operate my business. Please help, Is there an override password or something that I can do during reboot to change current password?!!!!

Boot the machine in safe mode and you will bypass that screen and get into windows, once in windows you should be able to go to the account manager and select the option to remove password for the user (yourself) then if you want a pass you can select password protect and make a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online