Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My PC does not meet Windows 11 requirements?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I went to download the windows 11 on my PC and it said my computer doesn’t meet The requirements. It told me to go and download PC health check as of which I did. PC health check then told me I needed to fix my TPM 2.0. After going into BIOS I was able to resolve the issue. At that point it told me my computer was able to receive windows 11. However when I go into my settings to update windows 11 my computer tells me I still don’t meet the requirements needed for windows 11. Why is this happening and what should I do?

#2 ·
Hi, Pruthless, and welcome to TSG.

I edited your Subject to be more specific about the nature of your problem.

We will need more information about your hardware and the site has an easy way for you to do so. Here is a link to the TSG System Info utility. You just download and run it. It does not need to be installed. Copy the results paste the output in a reply in this thread. This will tell us what motherboard you are using and what version of Windows is running, as well as a few other software and hardware detail.

https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

If the PC is from a major manufacture, please tell us the brand and exact model number.

#3 ·
Just my opinion however I am NOT of fan of inplace upgrades; I much prefer a clean install especially when going from one operating system to another ie win10 to win11.
Just did a clean install on this system I am typing on right now. It was all of 8min from booting with the win11 install usb to the windows desktop; another hour or so for drivers, updates, installing software, etc and you are done.

#4 ·
Just my opinion however I am NOT of fan of inplace upgrades; I much prefer a clean install especially when going from one operating system to another ie win10 to win11.
Just did a clean install on this system I am typing on right now. It was all of 8min from booting with the win11 install usb to the windows desktop; another hour or so for drivers, updates, installing software, etc and you are done.
My computer says it's compatible for windows 11 but doesn't give me the opportunity to download windows 11 yet. Why would that be?

#6 ·
#9 ·
Microsoft has to roll out Windows 11 slowly to prevent overloading their servers. The rollout will not be complete until maybe February 2022. You will receive a notification via Windows Update when Microsoft decides it is your turn.

However, if you don't want to wait you can always download Windows 11 from Microsoft.

Download Windows 11
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

Check for compatibility
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11#pchealthcheck
thank you

#10 ·
You have to have TMP 2.0 and an UEFI BIOS. This, Windows will tell you about. You also have to have Secure Boot enabled. This, Windows will tell you AFTER you start the install.

Run System Information from your Start menu (included with Windows). You should see BIOS mode as UEFI, and Secure Boot State must be ON. Note that if it isn't, you can still install Windows 11, but you will lose your data. Specifically, you will have to turn Secure Boot on in your BIOS, then boot from an external device (since Windows 10 won't boot anymore). The install will then wipe the drive.

#11 ·
There are quite a few sites claiming to be able to bypass W11 installing errors on older machines....

I have tried all the registry workarounds on an older laptop without TPM on it or any adjustments for that in the BIOS

Downloaded W11 on a usb stick but still comes up with error on TPM on upgrading

It is a Packard Bell TE69KB

#13 ·
I have tried all the registry workarounds on an older laptop without TPM on it or any adjustments for that in the BIOS
Do a clean install deleting ALL partitions on the drive. An upgrade will fail however you can clean install on a system that does not meet specs. In fact my test system does not meet specs; first gen ryzen and win11 works just fine on that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.