My Pc doesn't recognize my Nvidea GPU anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slimaa

Hello everyone am in a really big Problem and i need your guys helps.
As the titel says my main Problem is that my PC, out of the blue, doesn't recognize my Nvidea rtx 2060.
i found out abt this after i installed a wifi receptor and a new ssd but am not sure if this already happened before or after that.
the Nvidea itself is lit up when i start the pc and apears to be fine but when i go to my graphic driver list in the device manager i don't find it, Nor do i find it when i access the bio menu of my Motherboard (the PCI appears empty). Also when i put my HDMI from the graphic card to the monitor nothing shows up. I also checked if all the Cables are indeed connected.

I tried diff repairs including : Instaling a driver, some option changing in the Bios, Clearing the CMOS, trying to boot it with and without the wifi Adaptor and the SSD, Puting the GP in differant PCI Slots.

I didn't find a decent solution wile googling so i try to get help from you guys.
My PC Components:
MSI Z270 GAMING M7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6700K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Intel E97379-001 CPU Cooler

2* Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
2* Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB Founders Edition Video Card
Thermaltake Smart 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 1 Gbit/s Network Adapter
BE quite 2 ventilator

am Really desprate and have no idea what to do, thanks in advance.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to the specs that you submitted in post #1, your PC should have these 2 graphic devices:
Intel HD Graphics 530 (integrated)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (dedicated)

Go into the Device Manager, then expand the "Display Adapters" heading so the device(s) listed there can be seen.
What are the exact name(s) of the device(s) listed there?

Is your monitor connected to the dedicated graphic card or to the integrated graphic port?

------------------------------------------------

slimaa

According to the specs that you submitted in post #1, your PC should have these 2 graphic devices:
Intel HD Graphics 530 (integrated)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (dedicated)

Go into the Device Manager, then expand the "Display Adapters" heading so the device(s) listed there can be seen.
What are the exact name(s) of the device(s) listed there?

Is your monitor connected to the dedicated graphic card or to the integrated graphic port?

------------------------------------------------
I only have the intel HD Graphic 530

n it doesnt display anything when put in the nvidea

crjdriver

Connect the monitor to the nvidia card. Pw ON. Do you see the motherboard splash screen and or POST data?
If the answer is no, the problem is not a windows setting or driver; it is a hardware problem.

The very first thing I would do would be to test the video card in another [working] system. If you get the same result, you know the card has failed. If it does work in another system, you know you have a pw supply, motherboard or other problem.

crjdriver

BTW you are right at minimum spec in regard to the pw supply. The minimum pw supply with that card is 500W. IMO it is never a good idea to go with minimum spec on anything.

slimaa

BTW you are right at minimum spec in regard to the pw supply. The minimum pw supply with that card is 500W. IMO it is never a good idea to go with minimum spec on anything.
with the specs i have how much power dupply you recomand ? i want to keep it a bit low so it isn t so costy

crjdriver

There is no point in purchasing anything until you verify IF the video card works. Once you do that, a quality 550~600W unit would be fine. Note the operative word is quality. Stay away from the cheap pw supplies. I use and recommend seasonic, corsair [high end ones only] or other pw supply of the same quality.

slimaa

There is no point in purchasing anything until you verify IF the video card works. Once you do that, a quality 550~600W unit would be fine. Note the operative word is quality. Stay away from the cheap pw supplies. I use and recommend seasonic, corsair [high end ones only] or other pw supply of the same quality.
Would be be quiet! Also be a high end PS? Pr thermaltake?

crjdriver

I use seasonic, corsair [RM, HX, SF models] EVGA [Supernova models] There are a number of quality pw supplies. Look for something with at the very least a 5yr warranty.
I have never used a be quiet so I cannot really say much about that mfg. Post a link to whatever pw supply you want to purchase and I will take a look at it for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online