1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my pc freeze

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by windshield, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. windshield

windshield Thread Starter

my pc freeze.Some time when typing or moving the mouse they frezze .I need to restart to correct the problem but it frezze again when i start to use the pc over the course. Why and how do i fix it.Thanks for the attention.

2. artimus

artimus

Have you run all of your Virus/malware scans? If so have you done a disk cleanup & defrag lately?

3. Megabite

Megabite

Overheating can also be the problem......

Check all the fans are spinning and that dust hasn,t clogged up anything

4. flashsnaps

flashsnaps

How much memory installed?

Open up the side of the computer and check all the fans are spinning correctly.

Go into the bios and check the CPU temperature registered there.

Try blowing out all the dust with a breath or get some compressed air.

Check the event viewer. Right-click, my computer, manage - and see if any errors appear in there.

Post back your results?

5. windshield

windshield Thread Starter

I believe i fix the problem.With the program windows xp manager i defrag the registry and the computer run normaly but sometimes i hear a strange sound.Just with your own mouth said this "pop".Yes i hear something like this.thanks for the attention.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice