1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My pc gets crazy slow very fast

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mini2k, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

So i have a problem with my pc. Every time i open my pc and after a cupple minutes my pc gets very very slow. When i play games, my pc just gets slower and laggyer even more and faster. I am talking like from 200 fps to 5-1 fps on Overwatch. I feel like it is my pc getting old. I have gotten many awnsers to my question, but i need to be sure. If you are wandering about my oc parts here it is. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YWtZQq

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You say you've gotten many responses from others to your slowness issue, but you don't say what advice you were given, so we don't know what additional advice to give you.

I'm posting your computer's parts here so it's readily viewable without the members here having to click a webpage link.

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    avnisharma65123 likes this.
  3. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

Somone sayd my pc is just getting old, someone told me i had to do a think wich makes my pc faster, but my pc crashed befoure it was finished.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Never run any unknown program until you know exactly what it does. If you aren't sure, ask about the program here. Very few of us recommend running a program. We can help you make changes so you know exactly what is happening and can undo them if a fix doesn't work.

Also be careful from which sites you download things. Some have malware and you could make things a lot worse than better.

What program did you try and run?

5. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

It was not a downloadable program. It was somthing from windows. It was called defragment.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    So you tried to defrag and your computer crashed.

What version of Windows are you running? I ask because from Windows 7 and newer, computers don't need to be defragged, Windows does it automatically if the hard drive is not an ssd. Ssd drives use something called TRIM instead of defrag.

Is the computer bootable? If so, Tell us what size is your hard drive. Also post the amount of used space and free space in the hard drive.

7. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

I am running windows 10.
    My pc is booteble. My hdd size is 1 tb. I have used like 700 gb of that. Idk why but it says that i have 500 gb temp files. I Deleted the temp files, but it still says 500 gb temp files in the settings. My ssd size is 200 and something gb. It has like 70 or so gb free space.
    I use d drive as my main (hdd) and c drive is ssd.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Your C drive, the ssd probably has Windows installed on it.
    Is this what you tried to defrag?

9. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

I tried dfrag cuz somone told me too. I diddent knpw whatvit was. And idk if windows is installed on ssd. How van i check?

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What version of Windows is installed?

11. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

Windows 10. 64 bit i think. I am not sure. It could be windows 10 pro also idk lol. And its the new version of windows. I have updated it. I looked foe new update but non where found.

12. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Wait until someone who uses Windows 10 answers about how to post a screenshot of Computer Management like this
    computer_management.jpg

13. Mini2k

Mini2k Thread Starter

I think i have found my problem. I saw that my cpu temps hare like 100⁰ c. I am gonna change the water cooler and the thermal paste. But thanks for wanting to help me.

14. snuffleufflegus

snuffleufflegus

First Name:
    Damienne
    Just to throw this in there.Windows will defrag automatically ONLY if scheduling is turned on in windows 7.I only defrag mine once a month.The rest of the time it is turned off.

15. lynx1021

lynx1021

He said his C drive was SSD and yes you never want to defrag a SSD, a defrag can mess them up , I where one Guy doesn't even recommend it on a hard drive because he said it beats the hell out of the drive and shortens the life. Check your water cooler, the pump could have failed , 100C the CPU would be throttling down, I have an alarm set in my bios to go off if mine gets over 70.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice