1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My pc is gets hot when i play Dota 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Randolph18, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randolph18

Randolph18 Thread Starter

Hi guys, Im just wondering why my pc gets hot when i play dota2. I have full graphics in my game im satisfied with my fps, nothings wrong with my game but im really worried about my pc gets hot. Can somebody help me with this? Thanks in advance.
    My pc specs:
    CPU: i7-7700 3.6ghz
    Motherboard: Asus H270 Prime
    Ram: 16gb
    Psu: 400watts
    Graphics Card: Msi GTX 1060 3GB OCV1

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    What temps are you seeing?
    Hard drive, cpu and motherboard

Have you checked for dust accumulation?

Is this a branded or custom build?

zerocool1988 likes this.
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Go to the support page for your motherboard;
    https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-H270-PRO/HelpDesk/
    Download and install the asus suite. Once done, monitor your temps with the asus program ie PPSU or power/performance. Post your temps here. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and once while running prime95 or IBT [intel burn test]
    If you are using the stock intel cooler, those are fine for normal use however for gaming, you need a quality cooler like a coolermaster 212 or other performance cooler.

One other item. You list a 400W pw supply. The minimum pw supply for your video card is 400W. While you can get by doing this as long as you have a high end pw supply ie seasonic or other high end unit. If you have a corsair cx, cxm, or vs unit, you are asking for problems. IMO you never want to build a system with bare minimum specs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice