1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My PC is not connecting to internet after...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shiinjii, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiinjii

shiinjii Thread Starter

I uninstalled vista and installed XP. Please help me :( Where do I download the driver?

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Please post name brand and model of your system. If it is a Dell, post the Service Tag.

If it is a home-built system and has an on-board network adapter, we will need the brand and model of the main board.

If it has add-in-type network card, we will need the brand and model of the network card.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm going to assume that you downgraded to XP in a computer that came with Vista pre-installed.

If that's the case, there may not be XP drivers available for all the devices in that computer.

That's why you always want to confirm the availability of device drivers before you downgrade or upgrade a Windows version.

Advise what the brand name, model name, and model number of that computer is.

Also go into the Device Manager and advise what's listed in these headings:

Display Adapters

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice