1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My PC is shutting down randomly!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viciouspassion, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. viciouspassion

viciouspassion Thread Starter

Greetings, I have a problem. My pc is shutting down on its own randomly. By randomly I mean today it shut down 3 times but yesterday it didn't shut down at all. It doesn't make any weird sounds. It doesn't happen when I do something specific. It doesn't give me any warnings or errors. One moment is working fine and the next moment is off like someone pulled off the wires. I already checked if the wires are properly connected.

This start happening during the summer. I was in an island for 4 months but the island had an issue with electricity failures.

Please help, I have no idea what this could be :(

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 39845 MB; D: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 120876 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QD TURBO
    Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Overheating? Have you checked the temperatures the computer is running at?

3. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi,

Please also try Disabling Automatic Restart on System Failure.
    - tap of F8 to open "Advanced Boot Options" upon turning the computer on
    - select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure"

When the problem reproduce, If it's just an Software problem should stop on an error code instead of turning off. The error code will help us identify the problem. If we got no error message, it's a hint of Hardware problem.

4. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice