My PC is shutting down randomly!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

viciouspassion

Greetings, I have a problem. My pc is shutting down on its own randomly. By randomly I mean today it shut down 3 times but yesterday it didn't shut down at all. It doesn't make any weird sounds. It doesn't happen when I do something specific. It doesn't give me any warnings or errors. One moment is working fine and the next moment is off like someone pulled off the wires. I already checked if the wires are properly connected.

This start happening during the summer. I was in an island for 4 months but the island had an issue with electricity failures.

Please help, I have no idea what this could be :(

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 39845 MB; D: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 120876 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QD TURBO
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus, Updated and Enabled

Hi,

Please also try Disabling Automatic Restart on System Failure.
- tap of F8 to open "Advanced Boot Options" upon turning the computer on
- select "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure"

When the problem reproduce, If it's just an Software problem should stop on an error code instead of turning off. The error code will help us identify the problem. If we got no error message, it's a hint of Hardware problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online