1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my PC isn't working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CottonCandyCat, Apr 24, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. CottonCandyCat

CottonCandyCat Thread Starter

Hi there! So I recently bought myself a gaming PC (Hyrican Striker 5845 Blue) and monitor (BENQ EW277HDR). I had to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter because the PC didn't have a HDMI plug.
    When I start up the PC this happens: I see the Hyrican logo, the spinning loading icon under the logo and then this happens:
    DSC_0448.JPG

It should be booting Windows 10 so what is up with the PC? I called Hyrican support this morning but the guy on the phone had no idea what I was talking about and said it might have something to do with the graphics card and that I should send them an email with a picture of the monitor, so I did. Currently waiting for a reply but I also wanted to know if anyone had the same issue.

Specs of the PC:
    RYZEN 5 Processor, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Radeon Vega 11 graphics card.
    Mainboard type: MSI A320M PRO-VD/S

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

A lot of companies call their PC's "gaming PC's when they are not. Your PC doesn't even have a discrete Video card. Radeon RX Vega 11 is an integrated GPU in the Ryzen desktop APUs (e.g. Ryzen 5 2400G). From NotebookCheck website: "the APU is mostly intended for lower demanding games like Overwatch, Dota 2, ...".Did it work when you first got it? It looks like it doesn't have the right video drivers. It is new so every thing should be right. It is bran new so they should warranty it. Can you try another HDMI cable? I have an adapter on one of mine but it looks like this. DVI to HDMI.jpg

3. CottonCandyCat

I got it yesterday and tried setting everything up. As I mentioned I bought a adapter that looks like this: [​IMG]
    It's not the exact same one cause mine is a DVI-I. Anyway, the adapter is a HDMI male and DVI-I female and I bought a DVI-I cable. I don't think the monitor is the problem because it does find the signal of the PC otherwise it would say 'no connection/signal' from the very beginning. What makes me confused is that after I see the logo of the PC it doesn't boot windows 10 up. When I tried the HDMI cable on my laptop the monitor connects with it.

4. lynx1021

lynx1021

Your mother board is DVI-D not DVI-I, that may be the problem. I think you have the your adapter plugged into the monitor then the DVI-I cable run to your mother board. My adapter is a DVI-D male plugged in to my video card and HDMI female with cable to my monitor. You need an adapter like mine with a HDMI cable. The DVI-I you have may be getting only part of the signal.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

DVI is very confusing ,I have to keep a chart like this to remember what is what. dvi-types.png

6. CottonCandyCat

oh gosh yea I got it confused too nah, I got the correct DVI cable. My friends also said to get the adapter that you have 'cause one of them also has it and it works fine. Hmm then I'll go to the store tomorrow and exchange the DVI-D cable + adapter and get the DVI-D male HDMI female and try again. I'll update on that.

7. CottonCandyCat

the retail dude must have gotten it also confused because he told me that that was a DVI-I after showing him the picture of what it looks like. I didn't know there were different types.
    IMG-20190423-WA0047.jpg

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

a610UJPnovfL__SL1100_.jpg a610UJPnovfL__SL1100_.jpg Yes, that picture is DVI-D (dual link) On some old Dell video cards There is even a DS59 that looks like DVI that has an adapter with two connectors on it

9. CottonCandyCat

so update about the adapter. Bought it this morning, tried it aaanndd for a split second the PC wanted to boot windows but then it self restarted and went back to the same screen as before from the beginning. I called technical support again and the guy said that it sounds like a hardware defect so I sent it back and got my money back...
    I configured my own PC on a website which my friend used to get her PC and I hope I won't be having any problems. This new PC has a HDMI plug at the back as well as a DVI-D. Anyways thanks for trying to help me out! Much appreciated.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226208

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice