1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My PC keep rebooting and XP Pro havent start up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nuaeman, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nuaeman

nuaeman Thread Starter

This problem happen to my Office PC. I shutdown my computer while Norton 360 was scanning for viruses, and since then, my laptop doesn't start up. I get the standard message telling me windows was shut down incorrectly, and if I would like to start in safe mode, safe mode with connection port enabled, safe mode with wireless network
    enabled, last setting that worked, or normally.

No matter which option I select, the windows logo (with the black background) appears, so it seems that windows is starting. But then the screen turns blue for a split of a second - so I can't read the error message that appears on that screen - the computer restarts, and keeps rebooting.

Really appreciate if somebody can advise.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Hi!

Do you have your Windows CD?

3. Artizann

Artizann

The same thing is currently happening to my laptop too after i installed some Security Updates from Microsoft. I don't have a window's CD so i'm slighty stuck at the mo and also searching for answers to this problem

4. nuaeman

nuaeman Thread Starter

Very bad.. I dont have the window CD. What should I do now? This problem still havent solve so far. Any other way we can do? If could I want to settle this problem myself by taking advise from anybody here.

5. zabusant

zabusant

I doubt it had anything to do with you shutting down while Norton was running. Without a Windows CD theres nothing you can do really - you should let your IT department take care of it. Wish I had better news:(

6. nuaeman

nuaeman Thread Starter

The problem still havent solve.:( I give my CPU to IT Department already. Nothing I can do.., just wait and see lol. Hope all the files inside are safe. Thanks to all of you guys...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice