1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MY PC KEEPS FREEZING when playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Stress026, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stress026

Stress026 Thread Starter

OK heres my prob everytime i try playing a game my computer keeps freezing like after 7 minutes ...games like company of heroes and Age of empires 3 ..and fear ...i tried buying a new video card but still the same prob ...Here are the specs

CPU - AMD 2.8 ghz FX 57 single core
    RAM - 1ghz
    MOBO - ASUS A8N32 - SLI -DELIXE
    VIDEO CARD - ATI X1950XTX
    POWER SUPPLY - 500 watts

2. Teck

Teck

Does it just randomly freeze? or are there points during the game that it freezes ?

3. Stress026

Stress026 Thread Starter

it pretty much always freezes at about 5 to 7 min of game play and i cant ctrl alt and delete out of the screen i have to turn off the computer with the power switch

4. Teck

Teck

what video card, and how long has this been happening ?

5. Stress026

Stress026 Thread Starter

first it happened on my ATI X850 so i figure it might be the video card so i upgraded to the ATI X1950XTX but still the same prob so i know it cant be the video card ..i been having this prob for about a week now since i built the computer

6. Solanth

Solanth

try changing the video card settings in BIOS
    or setting the BIOS to default ie no tweeks

7. Draken

Draken

8. SomeoneUKno

SomeoneUKno

It might be your PSU just isnt strong enough to support a 1950 card... I would suggest going and getting at least a 650 watt.. My 7950 wont run off of anything lower than 550 watts, which is why I got a 700 watt PSU.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/531453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice