My pc keeps on shutting down!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabanciano

this is b*****t! while playing counter strike source my pc shutsdown without any warning. my pc isnt hot even my video card...
when i restart it and play css for about 2 min. the same s**t happens!!!!!!!!!!!

if i remove my Video card everything is fine but i cant use my pc!! :(

crjdriver

First of all, post your exact system specs; ie make and model of mb, brand and speed of ram, what video card you have installed, and the brand and wattage of the pw supply. If possible, post links to your parts.

Next post your temps and voltages. You can find these either in the bios or you can use some type of monitoring software like HWMonitor

Howdy,

How do you know your Video card or PC isn't overheating?

Is it only when you play games?

gabanciano

Specs

Win7 Home Basic 32bit
Intel Pentium D @ 3 Ghz.
GF7050FT PCI-E Mobo
Geforce 9500 GT 1 GB
2 Gigs of RAM
80 GB HDD..

i know that my pc is not hot because i touch the video card and the mobo
and my pc is also shutting down while watching youtube videos and while playing highly detailed game.

Not a very good fool proof test download and run the HWmonitor in post #2 and post the results

OK.....now put a load on the PC...play a game for awhile....then take another reading of the temps and post results

gabanciano

after playing half life while downloading and surfing the web and chatting with friends
THE RESULT!!!!

i dont know what is heating up the video cards temp isnt rinsing but the "TMPIN0" Thingy is almost 100

This is a desktop correct...done any work inside the case lately....cleaned it out of dust etc......how old is the PC?

gabanciano

yes its a desktop. btw
my pc is about 2 years old..

i'm cleaning everything the case,videocard,ram

i'm not yet cleaning the heatsink of the core because i dont know how to open it:(
i tried to open it. but i cant put it back anymore and my pc wont work:(

gabanciano

not yet. since the day we bought it. and i'm scared! i dont know how to put the heatsink back anymore and my pc wont work

So you have never taken it off?

You can get a can of air from any PC store and blow it out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts