1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my pc resets itself, cant find the reason

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fade011, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fade011

fade011 Thread Starter

It randomly gets reinitialized, like two months ago it started doing it,

Im runing xp 64 on a second hard drive, not master one, default disk has win 32, the problem is when i run win 64 where ive been working for last months

Last .. mhh two or three weeks it didnt do it.

Things i did:

I checked out temperature and power voltage and everything at bios and it was all ok compared to normal values.

Got windows firewall enabled and nod32 antivirus upgraded and the machine is clean as far as i know. Tried disconnecting from internet in case it was any remote ... dunno virus, hacker whatever.. but it did reset again.

I downloaded some disk health soft for checking it, and it gives normal temperature, and i dont see any significant different numbers compared to my other disk, since im not expert on this kind of data.

The soft im using is Active Hard Disk Monitor 2.0.2

Im thinking of replacing one of the disks but since im not sure if thats the reason id like to get some help

thanx in advance, sol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice