1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My PC Runs Super Slow

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by StiLo, Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StiLo

StiLo Thread Starter

Specs:
    Windows 10 Pro
    AMD A6 5400K
    Radeon HD Graphics
    8GB RAM

I need advice for why my PC is so slow. I have anti-virus and i'm not getting any viruses or malware. Im not sure if it i the specs or another problem. I mainly use it for gaming and i'm barely managing to play games. Please respond. Thank you.

2. Codewriter

Codewriter

First Name:
    Frank
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The APU line from amd is NOT for gaming; it is a basic use processor ie running office, email, etc.
    You are never going to run games with the onchip video. If you really, really want to run a game, then at the very least you are going to have to install a real video card. Even then, it will not run modern games at high res.

4. Codewriter

Codewriter

First Name:
    Frank
  5. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I agree with the above, however is it slower then normal for everything or just gaming. If everything, we can look at a few things.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I agree with post #3.
    The processor and graphics in your computer does NOT have the speed and "horsepower" for quality gaming.

We also don't know how well you maintain it and what's installed in it, so that can have a negative impact on speed and performance.

------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice