1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my pc screen turn black after restart/reboot....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by windshield, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. windshield

windshield Thread Starter

my pc screen turn black after restart/reboot.the only thing i can see is the white cursor (arrow).very bad for me.i try to repair with my windows xp cd without sucess.if i reformat i lost my work(pictures,music,etc...someone knows the mistake?some tips are welcome.thanks for the attention.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Try re-starting and on startup start tapping F8 about every second and that should get to a screen with some options if you can and you see Last Known Good Configuration choose that with the up and down arrows and select it and press Enter.

3. windshield

i use the last known working configuration without sucess.when i perform the steps windows xp home edition screen emerges,after that i see this words over a blue screen:set up is bein restarted.........but the black screen wit the white cursor arrow is over again..i have a hp lap top with amd athlon xp-m.thanks for the attention

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Understood...when you turn on the PC tell us what exactly happens like what comes up on the screen and are the fans running do you here any beeps anything and everything tell us all.

5. windshield

right now i cant hear beeps.the problem emerges after i was try to fix some problems with my xp cd (a repair install)thanks for the attention.

6. bonk

bonk Banned

understood......why where you doing a repai install??

so you put the XP cd in and re-staet the PC and then what happens?

7. geekysean

geekysean

if you can log in but cant see anything other than the cursor and a black screen then i might be able to help. I got the problem just yesterday. (9 may 07) if you can move your mouse and get into the taskbar then you can acces your computer.
    press 'Ctrl, Alt, Delete' to get into your taskbar. select file then run. type in 'explorer' the press ok. Then you can acces your computer. i suggest do a scan with everything you have got. I recomend:
    avg free antivirus
    ad-aware se personal

Then fully update your computer.
    To check your system, download a free program from download.com
    type in 'system' and a list of free trial programs will come up

any problems then send a message

8. valis

valis Moderator

sean: any reason you're hitting posts from last year?

9. geekysean

geekysean

lol first time i'v used this. I just wanted to let people know:)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/515121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice