My pc shows low FPS with 2060

Mikethebike

My pc is a good pc but I’m getting really low FPS drops constantly I have a 2060 and 16 gb ddr4 3600 ram newly bought and an asrock a320m-hdv Motherboard with standard hdd and a ryzen 5 1600 with a 600 watt psu but still getting low FPS I even updated my drivers idk what the problem is can someone please explain if you can.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
crjdriver told you the problem was probably the PSU in your other thread, I see you have a 600W one now, what make and model is it ?

BTW the 115 or 230 Volt setting should be set to correspond with your mains electricity voltage.
115 in the USA or 230 in Europe/UK
What country are you in ?

My pc is a good pc but I’m getting really low FPS drops constantly I have a 2060 and 16 gb ddr4 3600 ram newly bought and an asrock a320m-hdv Motherboard with standard hdd and a ryzen 5 1600 with a 600 watt psu but still getting low FPS I even updated my drivers idk what the problem is can someone please explain if you can.
What games are you playing?

From what I can glean about your hardware from you post.....you're running a Gen 1 AMD CPU from the specs I found on newegg.com. So your bottle neck is your CPU.

I would upgrade that to a Gen 3 Ryzen 7 3700. You mobo supports it. That would make all the difference.

Mikethebike

crjdriver told you the problem was probably the PSU in your other thread, I see you have a 600W one now, what make and model is it ?

BTW the 115 or 230 Volt setting should be set to correspond with your mains electricity voltage.
115 in the USA or 230 in Europe/UK
What country are you in ?
I’m in the us and using the 115v because the 230 makes its so my computer does not boot properly

crjdriver

Most modern [quality] pw supplies have auto sense ie there is no switch since the unit detects the input current automatically. What exact pw supply did you install?
Next you really need to understand something; you have some miss matched parts. Asrock makes some fine boards [in fact I am typing this on a high end asrock] however your board is an entry level or budget board. You have a mid-level processor and a gaming type video card. Installing a gaming card in your system is analogous to installing a performance cam in an econobox car. It will run however it will never run well.

In order to game effectively, ALL of the parts need to work together to achieve a high level of performance. A well thought out/designed gaming system starts with a high end pw supply, a performance motherboard, a processor that keeps up with the video card, a case with good airflow, etc, etc.

Mikethebike

What games are you playing?

From what I can glean about your hardware from you post.....you're running a Gen 1 AMD CPU from the specs I found on newegg.com. So your bottle neck is your CPU.

I would upgrade that to a Gen 3 Ryzen 7 3700. You mobo supports it. That would make all the difference.
I’m playing fortnite and getting 30-100 FPS and Minecraft and getting like 14 FPS

I’m playing fortnite and getting 30-100 FPS and Minecraft and getting like 14 FPS
As I stated and crjdriver explicitly stated....all your hardware is the issue. You can't expect much with entry level hardware.

That said.....in Fortnite and Minecraft.....adjust your game setting to the lowest across the board. This will help elevate some of your issues. Then turn everything else that is running on your PC off while gaming.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Again what make and model is the 600W PSU ?

Mikethebike

Most modern [quality] pw supplies have auto sense ie there is no switch since the unit detects the input current automatically. What exact pw supply did you install?
Next you really need to understand something; you have some miss matched parts. Asrock makes some fine boards [in fact I am typing this on a high end asrock] however your board is an entry level or budget board. You have a mid-level processor and a gaming type video card. Installing a gaming card in your system is analogous to installing a performance cam in an econobox car. It will run however it will never run well.

In order to game effectively, ALL of the parts need to work together to achieve a high level of performance. A well thought out/designed gaming system starts with a high end pw supply, a performance motherboard, a processor that keeps up with the video card, a case with good airflow, etc, etc.
I have upgraded my motherboard to Asus b450-f and still having the same problem

crjdriver

Did you clean install windows, drivers, etc after installing a new motherboard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.