1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my pc start frezzing after about one hours

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wanted, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wanted

wanted Thread Starter

hi all guys
    i installed windows XP in my pc . after about one hours my pc start to frezzing and became too slow. until stop completely
    i changed the fan for cpu
    and ram
    and cable data for hardisk.
    i removed all the hardware
    and i changed also the cpu.
    but still same
    thankx for help

2. mobo

mobo

If you shut it down for a few minutes and repower up does it work fine and then go through the same thing?

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Could be almost anything ;)

Check the memory, they may be overheating.

Otherwise I would start with the basics... go into safe mode and do a thorough scan disk on the whole computer. Also in safe mode do a complete defrag. Then I would reboot and scan with spybot/adaware and run your anti-virus program AFTER you update it. Then reboot again and see how it runs. If it's still acting up post back here and we will trace it down further

4. mobo

mobo

Deffinitly sounds like a heat issue. Have you done any cpu work ? Overclock ?

5. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Did it freeze up before you installed XP?

What are the specs on your computer? I'm betting that XP doesn't belong with that processor ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice