My Pc was scrwed in just one night :'(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

entity

Last night i slept, my pc was working superb, no anitvirus was on as it expired just few days back, but it was hell to see the morning, i woke up my computer was looking as usual but when i clicked restart after that i got some error of missing .dll file for explorer i clicked ok and then my xp just didnt start, everytime giving me some stupid errors... i was having xp on other pc installed copied a whole system32 folder from there and pasted in my pc ( i think thats stupidness ) coz everytime xp was just demanding for missing files in system32 (dll and exe)!!

Well atlast after whole this i was able to run pc, but my cd rom, vga and modems were not working, reinstalled all of them but still this cd rom is not working! Guyz what could b the reason, is it someone hacked or its a virus which just blowed my system32 folder :'(

I tried to unintall and then reinstall my cd rom from device manager, searched for its driver update, but no drivers.. pls tell me what to do :mad:

Cd Rom: Atapi-CD ROM-DRIVE-56MAX

entity

well guyz 3 more things which i have come up are

1- when i click on device manager it gives me error of file MSVCR71.dll was not found.

2- Following error for cd-rom:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

3- And this error for Plug and Play BIOS Extension:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

entity

lolz now my cd-rom in back :D , i read on some sites to delete upperlimit and lowerlimit in registry did that, restarted my pc and cd-rom was back, but 1 & 3rd errors are still dere... :( any help ?

1- when i click on device manager it gives me error of file MSVCR71.dll was not found.

3- And this error for Plug and Play BIOS Extension:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online