1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My PC won't boot up every morning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M.Zuy, Feb 19, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. M.Zuy

M.Zuy Thread Starter

So i can see that there is power on the mobo but it wont start when i press the power button. I had to fiddle or unplug/ plug in back some cables to start it. My specs are:
    Chip: I5 9400f
    Mobo: Asus B360-G Gaming ROG Strix
    GPU: Colorful 1650 super
    Ram: 2x8gb DDR4 2666hz Corsair Vengeance LPX
    PSU: Cooler Master ELITE V3 600W
    Storage: 500GB Western Digital and 250GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus
    I bought this PC in January, it worked fine for about a month then i cant boot it up one morning so i unplug the 24 pin cable and plug it back in, then it turned on. Can anyone help me identify the problem ??

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Does it start normally after you shutdown ie restart?
    If you just purchased it last month, why not just return the system?

3. M.Zuy

M.Zuy Thread Starter

Yes, i try to turn it on in the morning before work and it start normally when i turn it on in the evening

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Cold boot problems that go away after the first boot are very often pw supply problems. What happens is the capacitors in the pw supply fail to hold a charge. When you first hit the ON button, the pw supply just does not have enough pw to boot the system. After a restart, the caps are at full charge and it boots.
    Since this is only a month old, I would return the system. If you really, really want to try troubleshooting the problem, swap in a known good pw supply for testing.

5. M.Zuy

M.Zuy Thread Starter

Should i try to unplug the cable to my fan hub to see if it had enough power to boot ?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No, I told you what to do; either return the system [which is what I would do] OR swap in a known good pw supply for testing.
    If this system is only a month old, why mess with it?

7. M.Zuy

M.Zuy Thread Starter

Update: So uh apparently my pc had a cable mod extension for my 24 pin cable, i took it out, plug back in the stock cable that came with the PSU and it's been working fine since

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

Yeah! Glad to hear that! I don't believe in those PSU extensions, they add more resistance and the wire size may not be big enough to carry the AMPS causing wire overheating and possible fire.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice