1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My pc wont open files on micro SD card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steve70008, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve70008

steve70008 Thread Starter

My pc wont open files on micro SD card.
    I formatted the 2 GB micro SD card with my Samsung Steel mobile/cell phone and then with my pc ( in FAT format, it wont allow FAT32 format, I have not tried ex-FAT format ). Then I copied photos from my phone onto micro SD. I can view copied photos in the micro SD on the phone or on my pc via USB cable. When I put micro SD into SD adapter and put it into card reader on pc, I can see it registered as Drive E on ‘My Computer’. But when I click on it or when I click ‘ Open to view files’ option on the pop up menu, I see folders and files with gobbledy gook and cant open them. I make sure that the SD adapter is unlocked. What shall I do?

2. bp936

bp936

Did you check what extensions those photos have? Are they *.jpg?
    What does the instruction book say, do you need software to convert the cell phone photos for the computer?

I could see photos per cable too, but to put them on the computer, software was needed.
    Google your model and see what it says.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962402