1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my pc wont recognise my headset. i cant find it anywhere.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Findmeausername, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Findmeausername

Findmeausername Thread Starter

my pc wont recognise my headset. i cant find it anywhere. ive looked in device manager and there's only my monitor. all volume comes out the monitor. its not the headset because of tried it on multiple phones. i put my old headset in my pc and that wasnt recognised aswell. ive tried downloading a new driver. still nothing. even rolling back an update and then downloading the latest one. NOTHING. ive looked everywhere. on youtube google reddit. done everything they said and still nothing. ive been trying to fix this problem for the past few days and i really give up. i would really much appreciate if someone could get this working. thanks

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. Findmeausername

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8141 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (12 GB Free); D: 931 GB (867 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z170-Gaming K3
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

4. Findmeausername

so is it possible for you to help me?

5. Macboatmaster

Please verify you are connected to

Line Out (Green)

The line out jack. This jack supports audio amplifying function. For better sound quality, it is recommended that you connect your headphone/speaker to this jack (actual effects may vary by the device being used). Use this audio jack for a headphone or 2-channel speaker. This jack can be used to connect front speakers in a 4/5.1/7.1-channel audio configuration

On the onboard audio the jacks can be configured
    Realtek® ALC1150 codec

check using the audio manager that you have green as headphone or line out
    Also check driver installed
    Realtek Audio Driver
    (Note) Win10 ver.1903 supported.

[6.0.8703.1]
    33.38 MB
    2019/06/26
    Asia China America Europe

Realtek Audio Driver
    (Note) Win10 ver.1809 supported.

[8586]
    30.19 MB
    2018/12/19
    Asia China America Europe
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z170-Gaming-K3-rev-10/support#support-dl

6. Findmeausername

i have both of them installed and it still doesnt seem to do the trick. ive updated them in the device manager aswell. Believe me ive tried everything on the internet. i havent left my room in 24 hours.

7. Macboatmaster

I appreciate you have only just joined, but this is a free help site and you get the help when I am available to answer
    I do not with respect sit at the computer waiting - to provide you with an immediate reply
    It is not good form to answer my first reply and then post
    just 30 minutes later

I have as you can see now replied, but would respectfully point out to you that your apparent desire for a quicker answer is not in keeping with the nature of the site.

8. Findmeausername

sorry about that. its just that ive been trying to fix it for a long time. sorry

9. Macboatmaster

Both of which please if you mean the drivers - uninstall them and install only the latest

Is the monitor connected HDMI and what is shown on playback devices - not device manager but on the speaker icon lower right of desktop notifications area
    right click it and click playback devices

Do you have the realtek audio manager installed

10. Findmeausername

it says high definition audio device.
    and ive tried installing realtek audio manager but it says that it isnt compatible with my driver

11. Macboatmaster

You need to provide more info
    see my screenshot please
    Does it show HDMI or realtek HD audio
    and when you connect the headphones in the green jack on the front of the tower what does it shown then Untitled.png

and as I asked
    OR is the monitor connected VGA and separate speakers connections to the monitor

when you next reply please do so by typing in box that appears after my post - Not by clicking reply on my post - as you can see that quotes back all I have typed

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  12. Macboatmaster

I am signing off now but try this
    Right click on your sound icon in the task bar and click on Playback. You should see two or most likely more icons, one that says your HDMI output and one that says Speakers. If speakers is disabled for any reason, enable it. Then you should see that your HDMI output says that it is the Default Device. Right Click on Speakers and click set as default device. Upon clicking that, your HDMI output should switch to saying Default Communications Device. Now with luck, you will have audio going through both your speakers/headphones and your HDMI output.

13. Macboatmaster

Pleased to have helped you - perhaps it may also help the topic starter, when he tries it.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!