1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"My Pictures" and "My Music" folders are missing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chickenwings, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chickenwings

chickenwings Thread Starter

A friend's computer... total nightmare... she doesn't know much about computers, and it seems thoroughly messed up. Tried installing Windows Defender, and it couldn't find her "My Pictures" folder so it didn't install. So I looked under her My Documents folder. It's missing the My Pictures and My Music folders. Plus, the other folders that are there, such as My Videos, etc., their icons are not special, they look like ordinary folders.

Her computer's "Shared Documents" section looks fine, with all the usual folders with special icons, etc.

Any thoughts?

Computer: HP Pavilion dv1000

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Try a system restore to an earlier date before the problem started.

3. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

chickenwings, For the wrong icons for My Pictures and My Music folders etc. Tweak UI has a Repair function to repair those icons. You'll find it under Repair and just use the drop-down arrow button to access the various folders, hilite them one at a time then click the Repair Now button. Download Tweak UI for Free at the link below. After you install it you'll find it in Start>Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Tufenuf

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

hello chickenwings

are the My Pictures and etc etc Folders also missing form Start Menu

Try This

Start > Run > regsvr32 mydocs.dll

Restart Your Computer and Check if they are back

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice