1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Pictures are Way to BIG....How do I Reduce the Size of my Pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Armonijones, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Armonijones

Armonijones Thread Starter

Hi,
    This is my First time to this Site.....and I'm hoping that you Guys and Gals, can give me some Simple Advise in how to perform certain Tasks from my Computer?
    We all have Friends that are Computer "EXPERTS"...BUT....THey can never Answer the Simplest Question , with out going into Newtons Theory of Relativity!
    I am a Rookie with my Computer, in spite of the Fact that I have a Top of the Line one, I have no idea how this thing really Works?
    In plain simple English......How do I Reduce the Size of my Pictures so that I can send Multie Pictures all at one time.... with out being told ,that my E-Mail can not handle the size of the Files being sent?

I am running Windows XP Pro and I hate to say it.....But...I like to use Hotmail to send and Receive Pictures and Mail by!

I use Out Look some times.....BUT.....Having said that .....I also like to use Incredimail.... because it has all kinds of Neat Little Features to it.

SO....as you can see..I'm a Rookie....BUT...every one has to start some where!
    SO...... What is the Easiest way to Reduce the Size of my Pictures that I keep in my Picture Folder?
    I would rather get advice from you guys, as opposed to being Lectured by all of my Computer "EXPERT" Friends!
    Thanks for any help that you can send my Way.

2. Telstar

Telstar

Hi Armonijones, welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums,

I am not an expert but, let me jump right in with a suggestion that I'm sure with which many of them would concur. Download and install.... IrfanView.

You can download it....here
    You'll see two downloads one is the viewer the other are the plugins. Download both.

Go through the instructions, take it around the block a few times and if you have questions there is plenty of expert advice here at TSG.

Good Luck!

Telstar :)

3. acraftylady

acraftylady

If you just want to resize Microsoft power toys has image resizer that only involves one right click to resize and works very well. If you want to do more then just resize you should try Irfanview as suggested.

MS power toys

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Or do it the lazy mans way from explorer. Right click the pick, choose send to" e-mail recipient and send to yourself. Be sure to choose " make pic's smaller" before you send them. Then store in a folder of your choice.
    It takes but seconds to send individual or multiple pics.

5. Armonijones

Thanks , Acraftylady..... for your Help regarding my Reducing my Size.....I mean of my Pictures!
    I will check out the MS Power Toys and Irfanview.......Keep Watching out for me......I'm sure I will be needing more help in the very near Future.
    Thanks again!

6. acraftylady

acraftylady

The MS toy lets you do more than one at a time.

7. Armonijones

I Looked for the MS Toys....and can't find it???
    Where is this Program located?
    I went to Micro Soft and it didn't list it?
    Once again....Looking for more Help.
    Thanks...RA-J

8. xgerryx

xgerryx

9. acraftylady

acraftylady

I also gave the link in my post, you must have missed where I put a link that says MS powertoys. Look on the right hand side of the page and you want image resizer

10. kbreak

kbreak

Help!!

I had to reformat last month.

I reinstalled resizer.

It worked for several days.
    Now I click resize and I can't find where the picture goes..

I uninstalled it and reinstalled, same thing.

I used to resize and the smaller one would appear right next to the original.

AUGH!!

11. Telstar

Telstar

Hi kbreak,
    Check the Options or Preferences.

When you installed Image Resizer were you given the option to save the resized image to another Folder?
    If so, your saved image is probably there.

Also, did you check an option that *replaces* the original? (you do not want to *Save*, this will replace the original. *Save As* would create the resized image and keep the original).

One other thing you could try...if you know the name or file name of the lost
    image do a Start>Search to see where it went.

I don't use Image Resizer myself, I use IrfanView but perhaps my suggestions might be worth looking into.

Telstar :)

12. kbreak

kbreak

hiyums; it didn't have another folder option.
    Also as a photographer I sure don't want to replace the original...

Yah, they may be in search somewhere, but since I'm curious to a fault, I'm gonna try irfanview.

btw I'm www.kevinbreak.com

mostly safe for work....no clicky the "sexy" tab then.

:cool:

13. kbreak

kbreak

happy happy joy joy!!

Big Carrie

[​IMG]

li'l Carrie. Thankee irfanview!!

[​IMG]

:)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice