1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My pictures

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PC~NERD, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PC~NERD

PC~NERD Thread Starter

quick question about my pictures when i go to open my pictures it's takes 2-3 minutes to open is there a solution to it or could i re-install my pictures only?:confused::confused:

2. kniht

kniht

Does the My Pictures contain a lot of photos? Try grouping the photos and creating sub folders. Also check to see if your antivirus app is scanning the folder upon opening. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if the folder opens faster.

3. PC~NERD

PC~NERD Thread Starter

it does have lots of pic's and sub folders

4. PC~NERD

PC~NERD Thread Starter

5. kniht

kniht

Have you tried temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if My Pictures opens faster?

6. PC~NERD

PC~NERD Thread Starter

that did work so is there a way of making it stay like that when the antivirus in enabled ???

7. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

8. kniht

kniht

What antivirus are you using? See if there is a way to add the My Pictures folder to an exclusion list so your antivirus doesn't scan it upon opening the folder.

You may want to try 'Googling' something to the effect of the name of your antivirus and exclusion list.

Example:

Type in search - '(name of antivirus) scanning exclusion list' - or '(name of antivirus) add files and folders to do not scan' - something to that effect.

9. devil_himself

devil_himself

whats the size of the folder ? .. what file types are inside the folder ?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice