1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Plan for reformatting laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ev0lutionz, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ev0lutionz

Ev0lutionz Thread Starter

Right okay so heres my plan. Please tell me if anything is wrong. I insert my window xp cd, i gotta go home to check whether does my package contain both the recovery disc and the xp cd. So after inserting, i will be prompted to delete the partitions right? I delete both as i dont want any extra partition and only one sole hard drive, format to NTFS full and wait. After that install drivers and that. So i dont need the recovery disc at all? And does a laptop HDD use the sata interface? Do i really need the recovery disc ? No idea what it does, first time at reformatting a notebook

2. tony007

tony007 Banned

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Get all the drivers before you reformat. Save them to a CD.

The recovery CD installs the correct drivers as well usually.

4. Ev0lutionz

Ev0lutionz Thread Starter

Uhh so i can choose either the recovery cd or saving the drivers to a cd right?

5. jmwills

jmwills

Save the drivers to a separate CD.

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

When you are doing a clean install of any OS the one thing you need is the driver disk and especially for a laptop or notebook computer. This driver disk usually comes with the recovery disk set, I recommend using the recovery disk for the laptop or actually any computer becuase it is made for that particular computer and you will have less trouble with it. If you have neither I wouold suggest calling the manufacturer of the computer and ordering the proper disk set for the job.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593513

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice