My powerpc freezes and then wont show a picture on restart!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maelgwn87

I recently recieved two old macintosh powerpc's. one is ok but the other is a tower version with transplanted harddrive and cdrom drives. I log on to the computer and everything is perfect for about ten to twenty minutes :D and then it freezes and only responds if you push force restart (apple + Control + Power). on restarting it makes the mac power on noise but i get no picture!!! :confused:
If i turn it off at the wall for an hour it is allright but i would prefer not to have to do that, please help me!!!!?? :(
Post a reply or send me my answer at My Email.
I'm thinking of pulling it apart and cleaning it to get rid of any dust build up. if this or any other situatuion has happened to you, please answer as i am desperate!! :eek:

First thing I would try is replace the battery, on the motherboard.
You can try zapping the pram too.
Good luck!

Yeah, I would reckon the battery.

Could also be power supply problem (especially if Hardware inside has been replaced) cos there might be compatibility issues. Could be overheating problem.

maelgwn87

i fixed the problem by replacing the entire logic board with a second hand one from a different mac of the same basic sort. but i would love to have three working!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online