1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my printer is not right

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by oil painter, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oil painter

oil painter Thread Starter

Hi :
    My CRT monitor just went a couple of weeks ago. I got a new 19"LCD monitor--I hate it but that's another story,but this happened after I disconnected the computer and took it and the monitor in to have them both checked. I tried printing a photo that was in my computer and I had printed before, and the color and sharpmess just wasn't there. I have an icon on my desktop tool bar that wasn't there before either. When I right click on it I get status- then a message that says your HP psc is not connected. Yet I can print - but my photo's are screwy. Do I have to delete the printer and run the CD for it again? What's wrong?

2. biagrin

biagrin

the monitor may have installed drivers which have altered something - try reinstalling the printer drivers and see what happens

3. oil painter

I did uninstall the printer and I tried to reinstall it with the CD but nothing happened. My question is: in the 2 trips that I took to town to try and get the monitor set right--25 miles could something have come loose so that neither the CD ROM and DVD Burner--I tried both-- works because nothing happens when I put in the CD. I think I can hear it turning but nothing

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    When you say you had the PC and Monitor 'checked' did you leave them with someone for a while and was this the old CRT or the new LCD monitor that was being checked ?

5. oil painter

yes I did leave them it was my pc and the new LCD monitorand both were being checked but they are ok what isn't working is the CD rom and DVD burner and they were fine before I moved the PC

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice