My printer won't print in black and white anymore!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

namrufmot

Running Windows XP and I have an Epson C86 printer.

Everything was working flawlessly for several months until...

I began getting low on black ink. I replaced the black cartridge and everything worked fine again. Two weeks later my color ink went low and the printer wouldn't allow me to print in b&w until I replaced the color ink (a little window popped open telling me that).

A few days after that I replaced the color ink and now it won't print in b&w!! I replaced the black cartridge AGAIN and still nothing. Cleaned the heads and nothing. Installed the drivers again and nothing.

Please help!

are you getting error warnings popping up? if so
what are they.

the electrical contacts on cartridges can easily
be bad. look in manual where it describes
making sure they are clean, follow directions
because bad cleaning procedure can damage.

often when trouble happens after cartridge
replacement it is either dirt or position
causing bad connections.

There are often problems with Epson cartridges and that's one of the reasons I gave them up. I would contact Epson and see if there are any bad series of cartridges as they will gladly send you free replacements, I did it many times just by calling. C86 is too new to have problems if you were using genuine cartridges.

Even though it comes out white, does it appear that the printer is printing?

Or does it just feed the blank stock thru without even making an effort?

Sounds like what Rich-M mentioned....could be a bad batch of cartridges....

Can you try some from another store rather than the one you bought yours from?

By the way, many have an expiration date - make sure you didn't pay for expired ones...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online