My printer won't work as a network printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manicdoom

Hello there. I ran into a problem. I installed on my main computer (runs with XP SP2) the HP PSC 1510. I recently purchased a new laptop (Vista Premium). I want to print the files I made in the Laptop with the Network Printer. However, there seems to be a problem.
First I go to Control Panel (on my laptop) and add a new printer. I select Networkprinter and can "see" my new printer in the list. However, I get a message that I must install drivers for the printer on my laptop! I downloaded the newest software for Vista and installed it. Somehow my laptop can't connect with the new printer.
On my main computer I made sure that the new printer is "shared".

Marc from The Netherlands

A couple of questions for you.

1) Do you have your pc's set up in a workgroup?
2) Have you given the laptop "rights" to the printer?

Do you get an error message of any type since you installed the drivers?

My home setup is similar to yours, desktop with printer attached, printer shared, laptop prints to the printer.

manicdoom

Yes I made all the computers work in the same Network HMIL.

I'm not shure what you mean about giving the laptop rights. I suppose XP should work normally, but maybe in Vista I have to make some adjustments?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online