my processor is showing two frequency 3.2Ghz and 2.13Ghz.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yta2085

Hello dear,
i have Intel p4 3.2 GHZ processor Upgraded it today, but when i open my computer property it shows two frequency.. like this

Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHZ
2.13 GHZ, 0.99 GB of RAM

i have checked my processor also there is firmly written 3.2GHZ processor.. moherboard is Necola 945Gm
i am using Windows xp
pls help...
Thanks...

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What do you mean by upgraded it today ?

Is that computer a laptop/notebook or a desktop?

---------------------------------------------------------------

yta2085

i have desktop pc and i have changed my processor 2.0 to 3.2
and now 3.2 is showing two speed..

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm having trouble finding the exact description of your motherboard.

You need to provide a complete description of both processors so the hardware experts here can better assist you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

Is that by chance a hp computer?

You need to post your exact system specs. In addition, post the mfg of this board ie intel, asus, etc. If possible post a link to your board. Just because a mb supports a given socket ie 775 or whatever does NOT mean it supports all cpus based on that socket. The cpu must be listed as supported in order for you to run it.

crjdriver

Open the case and look at the board. I have been working on systems for a long time and I have never heard of a board maker with that name. The actual mfg of the board should be silkscreened on the board; ie asus, gigabyte, foxconn, etc.

Next did you check the board maker's site for cpu compatibility?

As I said before just because it is a socket xxx does NOT mean it supports all cpus based on that socket.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Seems it's an Indian company, they make/sell 2 motherboards that have 945G in their names, as shown at this link :-

http://www.necola.net/product-lists.aspx?catid=1024

There's not much information at that website. I would look inside the case as crjdriver said to find out exactly what motherboard you have. There may even be another maker's name on it.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It might be a MSI board.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online