my recorded songs are gone HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Andrew1987L

-FIRST OFF NAPSTER ISNT P2P- you pay to use it and pay for songs if you download them-
so dont ban this, its a legit problem

Today I bought a new mp3 player It came with a free trial for napster and it said I could Import my current songs I have on my computer. (not downloaded... I made these songs the others were from CDs I bought). Ok so I import them in to the napster library but I think it just moved the file name in there and not the file. But the file is not in my own library anymore under "my music" I deleted a couple of the songs off the napster thing and it said they were deleted but not off my hard drive...

um how can I get my songs back. I know theyre on this computer I just need help finding them...
please... I cant loose my songs
Andrew

oh yea and I can see the songs on windows media player but yet again it wont play them

Andrew1987L

i realy need help i spent 6 years recording these songs
and one of my friends songs is on here and hes gone now
so these are pretty much priceless to me

I'm sure someone will chime in on which program they have had success with but try typing 'recovering deleted files' in google. Looks like your in luck.

Alternatively(and quicker) you might try using system restore to a point before this occured.

System Restore only restores Windows System files, not Data files or downloaded files.

Andrew1987L

In reply to kiwiguy... your right. Ive tried system restore but it didnt help with any files
i'll just keep searching i guess but if anyone else has any ideas ide like to hear them
thanks

Andrew1987L

I found a file recover program and it found all the songs but you have to buy the program to recover them does any one know of a good free one that can recover the files to the same drive theyre on already?

the one dobbelina suggested said it couldnt do that or something it would say...

The source and destination drive is identical.
Please select another destination drive!

"The source and destination drive is identical.
Please select another destination drive!"

That is logical though.

The files exist on the hard drive now, you need to recover them but to another drive.

Otherwise its trying to extract a file and recopy it to the same drive, a very bad idea as it will almost certainly overwrite some of the other files you want to recover.

Or a USB flash drive, transfer them to another PC?

By the way DO NOT USE THE PC for anything else until this task is complete. Every use will risk overwriting of more files, rendering their recovery unlikely.

Andrew1987L said:
So I have to buy another hard drive to do this?
How many drives do you have now ?
If you have a small C drive and a larger D one, "rescue" a few songs at a time to the
C drive.
Then copy it over to CD, then delete them and do a new batch.
Don't copy it to the same drive as your rescuing from ! that will certainly overwrite whatevers left of your songs, as the system now thinks the space where these songs once were now is avaliable for writing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online