Tech Support Guy banner

My response wont post. MOD HELP PLEASE

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  TheShooter93 
#1 ·
I wrote a fairly detailed answer to someone's Q about tablet suggestions and it won't post. I've clicked the quick reply button several times to no avail. Its still sitting there. I'd hate to have to rewrite it.

Hopefully there's a Mod around to help.

#2 ·
Copy it into a notepad so you don't lose it.

Click on the "go advanced" button. It SHOULD retain what you've already typed (but if not, you will have the copy in the notepad) and see if it will post from that advanced reply.

#3 ·
The problem is that I wrote it from my iPhone on which I can't copy/paste. I'm typing this from my tablet but I normally prefer iPhone since this tab is really uncomfortable for typing till I get the case I ordered.

I was hoping initially to be able to access my post from this device but evidently not. I'm hoping a Mod (or Admin. Can) or is that not possible?

#6 ·
At first I thought it was but since I kept the window open on the iPhone Safari browser, I double checked it and realizes I had put quite a bit more detail regarding both this tab as well as others I was also considering in that post.

This post was the one specifically addressing radio streaming.

But since it contains basic info as well as referencing the CR article on tablets it will just have to suffice.

I haven't figured out how to copy/paste on this thing yet either. I'm barely able to control the cursor to correct typos:) so before writing any more detailed posts, I think I'll eevote my time to figuring that out first.

I guess my other post just disappeared into the ether (or at least it will after I do a hard reset on the iPhone to get full functionality back.)

I do appreciate your effort tho. My thanks to you both.

And fwiw, I do hope that Mike decide to add a sub forum for tablets. People with I pads are really not as critically in need of help because they can always rely on Apple free support line.

Those like me with other tablets are usually left with NOTHING (leterally) Its pretty daunting for someone encountering Android for the first time as well as an unfamiliar device with its own quirks.

#8 ·
@ekim68

Thank you.

At the risk of sounding terribly ridiculous or stupid (but its true) I will admit that I have not yet upgraded to the OS on my iPhone 3G which allows for that functionality. I'm still using the older version which the phone came with.

But I'm typing this post right now on my Acer tablet and Android is a complete mystery to me. And there don't appear to be any decent tutorials on the net for brand new Android users. Acer forums or Android forums have not proven much help either since they're primarily geared to medium-expert level users and developers.

When I Google Android tutorials I get tons of sites with instructions on developing Android Apps. Not really what I had in mind.

But if anyone knows of something designed for TOTAL Android newbies, I'm definitely open to suggestion :)

#10 ·
I hope so. I still regard this site as one of the absolute best for clueless newbies to find truly welcoming and friendly help on all things computer and tech related.

It doesn't appear in my SN info but I first came to the forums here back in 92 before I even ha a proper computer with which to access the internet. I was on this weirdo concoction that Microsoft created and called an "internet appliance" and shortly afterwards I was using a Sega Dreamscape with a keyboard and browser disk.

Needless to say, much confusion ensued because neither device could download anything. And neither survived very long ago either.

But in spite of the device limitations combined with my own, everybody here tried to help and explain as much as possible and I never got a rude or critical response.

So I've recommended this site to lots of people and always remembered it fondly even after I had long ago left my first barebones PC behind and gotten a Mac. and subsequently an iPhone which blissfully required little instruction at all and its own phone support.

But after getting this tablet and finding little info on either it or Android, I remembered the friendliness of this site and its like coming home :)

I would love to see a Tablet sub forum and would send plenty of people to it since there's not much real help out there.

#14 ·
So you can purchase a computer for $189.00?

That's what I paid for my tablet. Granted, that was a BF deal but I'm anticipating prices eventually going that low in the future especially for sevens now that the Fire has hit the market.

That opinion is derived from reading reviews on tech blogs while researching this purchase.

But if you're happy carrying your laptop around all over I won't attempt to persuade you otherwise.

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.