1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My router closes ports temporarlily

Discussion in 'Networking' started by umop-episdn, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. umop-episdn

umop-episdn Thread Starter

I'm gonna lose my mind here in a sec. i have a linksys 4-port router, and I am a gamer. the problem is that about every 2 minutes or so the router stops sending and recieving information. and it always seams to happen right when there's a red dot on my forehead. i read recently, the problem is that my router is closing udp port 27005 and there is a delay before it reopens. and that the simple solution is to foreward port 27005 to my ip. well i've forewarded ports 0 - 65535 to my ip (actually i had forewarded all ports before reading this) and i'm still pulling my hair out over this problem anyone here know the linksys router?

2. Braatenj

Braatenj

I have a linksys 8 port router and I dont have any problems on it have you tried resetting it??

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Same router, had same problem. Had to do a firmware upgrade from manufacturer according to their tech support. It didn't work, still does it. Thankfully, we don't use this router for gaming.

4. umop-episdn

umop-episdn Thread Starter

so how do i go about doing a firware upgrade

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice