1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my router wont ping

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hp360, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hp360

hp360 Thread Starter

i have a netgear router. i am trying to play halo trial.. and wen i want to host a game i need to ping my netgear router.. sometimes it works... but, then it just stops... this morning i tryed it.. and da router lost da connection.. i had a guy fix it for me.. anyone out there to help meeee... plz(y)

2. nerdynotes

nerdynotes

On the LAN side, you should always be able to ping the router from your PC unless some Firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Notton Personal Firewall etc) on your PC is blocking it.

But on the WAN side, the router will respond to ping requests only if the following option is selected in the router settings page.

"Respond to Ping on Internet Port" under WAN Setup.
    www.supportminds.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484660