1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My screen is blank but everything else comes on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KittieKat1003, Nov 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. KittieKat1003

KittieKat1003 Thread Starter

Hi i have a HP Pavillion Dv7 and the screen will not come on at all. Before it would come on with some patience. I thought it was the battery so i replaced it but its still not working. When i boot it up the screen is blank, but i hear the fans boot up and it sounds like its trying to come on and the light come on too. I really need some help or should i just get a new pc instead.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

To confirm the laptop is working.....connect a monitor to it and see if you have access. If so, then check to see if there is some sort of key combo to enable/disable the laptop screen.

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

4. KittieKat1003

I tried that and nothing popped up

5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

It was worth a shot. The symptoms you've described sure sounds like the LCD screen part of the laptop is going bad. Question: Has this been dropped recently?

6. KittieKat1003

No its never been dropped that i know of. The last time it work i had stepped away for a little bit(1hours or so) and came back and the screen wouldnt come on

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice