1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my screen size keeps flicking

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thegreylady, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegreylady

thegreylady Thread Starter

i got a new laptop a month or so ago, but since using it the screen is doing my head in. it keeps flicking from filling the whole screen to having a black bar about 1 or 2 inches wide on either side and everything on the screen then fills only that area, not even the cursor can go in the black sides.

my tabs on google crome also get smaller, for example, the twitter tab when the screen is big will say twitter/home with a little gap after and when it is small only twitter/ho will fit. it happens constantly no matter if i'm touching the laptop or not. the screen will go back then swap size. however, if i'm typing it will carry on during the balck screen that's on for like half a second, but the cursor will go back to being in the middle. sometimes it can be like 15 mins between size changes, but sometimes it like happens about 10 times within 30 seconds.

i checked the screen resolution but when i change that the font just gets bigger, and thats not the problem.i get a message each time it changes saying...

"optimal resolution notification. this is not the optimal screen resolution for the clone dispaly configuration. the optimal resolution is 800 x 600. click this notification for more information" but when i change it to this only the font size changes.

on facebook the bar saying who is online to chat goes when its on the small screen because theres no room. its so frustrating. its a new laptop for uni and its impossible to focus on work when the screen keeps doing this. it happens when im listening to the radio on the laptop or watching a dvd or even when im on the other side of the room so its nothing im pressing or doing it just does it randomly and i really want it fixed.

thank you!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice