1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My SD Card reader is stuck?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vintagetele, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vintagetele

vintagetele Thread Starter

Nov 20, 2010
    I inserted my SD card into the built-in reader of my Inspiron mini. My laptop didn't detect it, so I took it out and reinserted it. This time, it seemed that the entire reader pushed further into my laptop. Now the card goes almost fully into the slot and I'm assuming that this shouldn't happen. I'm more concerned for the other parts that the reader may have hit rather than the reader itself. Any tips? Should I send it somewhere to get it repaired?
  2. bp936

Oct 13, 2003
    Welcome to TSG.

You mean, you cannot take the SD card out?
    I would first unplug the computer, then find a very thin-ended plier or tweezer and try to pull the card out.

my SD card DOES go in nearly all the way and I have to use my nail to pull it back out. If the card is not all the way pushed in, it can't be read.

p.s. I say "unplug" because you think something might be touching inside a component and you don't want to have any shorts while trying to pull card with a metal object.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963728