1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Search Bar

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wakerider01, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wakerider01

wakerider01 Thread Starter

Somehow, 'My Search Bar' has installed itself on my computer. Everytime I open my IE browser it's still there even though I uncheck it from the view-toolbars menu. How do I rid this of my computer? It's not in the uninstall menu in the control panel either. Thanks

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Is it listed in Add/Remove programs?

To uninstall:
    Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel. Look for entries called "My Search Bar", "Search Assistant - My Search" and "My Way Speedbar".

It can come from such programs as Grokster, Morpheus, WeatherBug, and software from mgshareware.com.

3. wakerider01

wakerider01 Thread Starter

yep, i found it in the add/remove... it was under 'weatherbug' as a browser companion - my search

Thanks!

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

You're welcome :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice