1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Second Build. Just some queries. :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MudithJ, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MudithJ

MudithJ Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Sorry, but im new to these forums. Anyway, Im building my second computer and I cant decide between a couple of components.

1. First, the mobo. Which one AsRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3 vs. Asus P8Z68 V vs. Asus P8Z68 M Pro vs. Asus P8Z68 V LX

2. Next, the case im using is fractal r3 and ill be installing several more case fans. Im planning to oc the 2600k with a frio ock. Is the case cooling sufficient?

3. And finally, are aerocool shark fans reliable or should I go with coolermaster?

Thanks in advance.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I would not consider an asrock board. Asrock is the "value" line from asus. Just think about if for a min or two; if asus will not put their name on the board, what does that tell you about quality?
    As for the asus boards, it depends on whether you intend to use multi video cards. Different ones have different specs.

3. MudithJ

MudithJ Thread Starter

Ok,

Thanks, I was wondering whether they were the value line. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, do you happen to know much about cooling, if so, could you please answer the second and third quesitons.

And, when in the 2700K coming out or is it already out?

And, if I plan to crossfire two 6970's in the future is a Thermaltake 775W Toughpower enough?

Intel i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V 8GB KIT 1333 (4GB x 2) KINGSTON 8GB KIT 1333 (4GB x 2) KINGSTON WD WD10EARX 1TB SATA3 64MB buffer OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SATA III 2.5" SSD 2GB 6970 Gigabyte OC
    SATA LG Blu-Ray Combo 24” 2ms Asus VS248H-DVI-HDMI Razer Lycosa Cyborg R.A.T 9 PCI-E Asus PCEN13 Fractal Design Define R3 Black USB 3.0 Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775W All-in-One Card Reader Thermaltake Frio OCK
    And 4 extra fans

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have not used those coolers so I do not have an opinion. Unless you are going to overclock, the stock intel hsf works just fine. Do remember you will void the warranty if you use something other than an intel hsf.

I would go a little higher then 775W; here is why. The 6970 requires one 150W 8pin and one 75W 6pin connector add that to the 550W requirement for a single card and you are right at the min requirements.

The egg has the 2700 now
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115095

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice