My send and recive lights on my modem are blue now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chachachamp

Every time I start streaming on obs, my Fortnite ping goes to about 100. And my receive and send lights on my Arris modem, sb6183, are a solid blue. they were green before this problem occurred. Please help me, I can't find anywhere to fix it :((

Attachments

TerryNet

Terry
Please tell us what the blue and green LEDs mean, so that we don't all have to look it up.

TerryNet

Terry
So, green LEDs mean a downstream and upstream channel is connected. And blue means channel bonding, resulting in higher possible bandwidth depending on how many channels are bonded.

And, chachachamp wants to prevent the channel bonding? Don't know if that is possible.

Maybe best to contact a knowledgeable ISP rep to see if channel bonding can be implicated in the higher ping, and if so, what can be done about it.

Maybe best to contact a knowledgeable ISP rep to see if channel bonding can be implicated in the higher ping, and if so, what can be done about it.
Probably best.

As for the higher ping.....I don't know. As OP is playing a super large MMO.....Fortnite which is server based. Even my son experiences some high pings from time to time. That's on my old system with high end hardware. I just chalk that up to server traffic and our wifi traffic.

If OP is on wifi.....maybe change the wifi channel to something less congested. Since OP is streaming on OBS (I'm guessing for recording purposes).....maybe even switch to twitch.

Could be down to hardware since he/she seems to have a lot going on in the processing department of PC. While gaming and streaming at the same time.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I concur, please contact your ISP. Even though it has bonded, you may have an issue on one or some of the channels that you are bonded to that may cause instability issues.

You may be able to find this out in the modems status page, which I believe is https://192.168.100.1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts