1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Server slows down after running

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by silvershield, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. silvershield

silvershield Thread Starter

Hi, I am running a Webserver (Apache, MySql) and Teamspeak Server, and FSHOST ( Server for Flight Simulator). This is all done on a dedicated machine, and after a while (12 hours, the server slows down dramatically. Ping times go from 60 to 600. The only way to fix this that i know of is to reboot. How do I get this so it stays stable for longer???

It is running on an Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.6GHZ) with 512MB ram and Integrated Graphics.

2. steven1350

steven1350

Its possible that over time (12 hours), many users are on your servers, and they are so busy processing these things, they slow down.

3. silvershield

But once it "slows down" it stays like that...Page file problems possibly? But when it gets "slow" its reading about 170 MB free

4. steven1350

steven1350

What do you mean by getting slow? Is it simply a slow ping, or is the whole system rather unresponsive?

5. silvershield

Mostly A slow ping.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice