1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my sims 3 game keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by mdpeeps, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdpeeps

mdpeeps Thread Starter

When I first got the "Sims 3" game every time I tried to play it, it would crash. Later I learned that I didn't have enough RAM and that I needed to upgrade my graphics card. I took my computer to a shop and got another gigabyte of RAM and I bought a better graphics card. Then I went to "systemrequirementslab.com" and it says that I now meet and exceed all of the requirements for the game. But every time I play, the game closes about 5 minutes into gameplay. An error box would pop up saying that an error had occurred and that the game needed to close. I made sure that my drivers and my game was up to date. I tried lowering all of the game settings and putting the game in window mode, but it still crashed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice. I even turned off my Norton anit-virus program, because some people said that the program might cause conflict with the game, but that didn't work either.

Here are some of my computer specs:
    - System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)
    - Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
    - CPU speed: 3.08GHz
    - RAM: 1023.4 MB (around 2GB)
    - Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
    - 98.3 GB of space left on my computer

If somebody can PLEASE help me, I would really appreciate it.

2. ridBonnie

ridBonnie

I hate to have to tell you this but a lot of people are having the same problem. If you haven't yet you might want to go to the Sims 3 Community Forum. There are a lot of people there offering solutions to problems like yours. In fact EA/Maxis has released a patch but you can only get it by using the EA Download Manager. Sorry I couldn't be more help but hopefully you will find it at the Sims 3 Forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/890298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice