1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My site lags on IE, Why?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by SinFinite, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SinFinite

SinFinite Thread Starter

My site lags on IE but works smoothly on ff. I know theres a lot of problems with my code but right now im still concerned why its laggy. Thanks

My site: www.ruthlessreign.com

2. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

I think it's the amount of pictures in different frames that's causing IE to run slowly. Maybe using divisions instead of frames would speed things up (and would be better coding practice :))

3. tomdkat

tomdkat Trusted Advisor

I think it's the number of images and the size of the images that might cause IE7 to lag a bit. The transparent PNGs you're using don't load the way you want in IE6. IE7 supports alpha transparency where IE6 doesn't.

Also, I think IE will download the images before rendering the page, which might also contribute to a perceived "lag".

I'm not sure what you could do to improve the page loading speed on IE.

Peace...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699827