1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my sony vaio crashes when it connects to wireless. please help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nrv, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nrv

nrv Thread Starter

i have a sony vaio VPC, with windows 7 home premium, just 3 weeks old. when it starts up and starts detecting the wireless, most of the time it crashes and goes to the blue screen. sometimes it tries to connect and cannot, and then when i hit connect it crashes, or it crashes when i hit repair. after 2 or 3 times of going to the blue screen, it connects to wireless and works. but if i restart it crashes again (or not). i don't know what to do! there is no authorized sony repair center in the country. i dont know what to do...please help!

2. fel1x

fel1x

you are going to need the latest driver for the nic , to install when you can transfer it to your faulty computer

go to start computer C drive windows mini dumps copy them ( not all if 100s) zip them up and attatch

what anti spy do you have as this can cause issues

3. fel1x

fel1x

4. nrv

nrv Thread Starter

hi, thanks...how do i find the mini dumps? which folder in c should i look (sorry if this is a stupid question, but i really dont know about this stuff)
    i only have microsoft security essentials now, i deinstalled mcafee because i thought that was the problem...

5. nrv

nrv Thread Starter

the sony e-support link i think only applies to the americas. i am in sri lanka at the moment, and i bought the laptop in germany. the link does not detect my model (at least it says so)

6. nrv

nrv Thread Starter

ok, i found the mini dumps. but i cannot upload them here. should i open them with word pad or something?

7. fel1x

fel1x

right click send to zip upload that

yes you correct re link but can not see yours so just go back , go to worldwide, ie germany and try to get driver that way

Step 2 - Download and run MCPR.exe
    1. Download the removal tool from: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
    2. Click Save and save the file to a folder on your computer.
    3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
    4. Make sure all McAfee windows are closed.
    5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!