My sound is not coming out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Goldprof

My sound is not coming up. It just stopped two days ago. I use a HP laptop with windows 10 just loaded. Hiw do I get my sound to return please. Although I can use an ear piece to listen to the sound. Thanks

Goldprof

Goldprof

Itv
Ys please

Yes please , in fact I installed a window 10 on it which is working perfectly on d system. Laptop serial number is 5CB4096BL8

PRODUCT KEY IS. F0Z26EA#BH5

IS THIS HELPFUL SIR. It came with a windows 8 on it before I installed windows 10
[/QUOT

Oddba11

Jim
The model number should be listed on the label.

Did you download and install all of the drivers from HP, for that model, after you installed Windows? If not, that would be the next step. You need the drivers provided by HP. Don't rely on Windows to provide drivers, especially for laptops.

Was this issue related to the keyboard in the end? had a few issues with my sound occasionally dropping out?

Goldprof

The model number should be listed on the label.

Did you download and install all of the drivers from HP, for that model, after you installed Windows? If not, that would be the next step. You need the drivers provided by HP. Don't rely on Windows to provide drivers, especially for laptops.
Thanks. I just got a driver to try on the system. Will get back as soon as possible on it. As you advised. Thanks

plodr

Liz
First I'm not a sir; I'm a female senior citizen. :giggle: You can call me plodr or Liz. I answer to both names.
Second a serial number and a product ID come up with nothing on google so those two items are not helpful. They are device specific and don't indicate the information I need.

My two Acer laptops have a model printed either above or below the keyboard. When I turn the laptops over, there is an Acer label. The top line shows the date that the laptop was manufactured and in front of that date, the model is again shown.
My last HP laptop was purchased 20 years ago and was e-cycled at least 10 years ago so I don't remember what sort of label HP puts on the bottom of their laptops.

Some times there is a speaker button on one of the function keys to turn the speakers of and on. My C55 Toshiba speakers are horrible and rather listen to it with headphones.LOL 😂

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online