1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My speaker are buzzing. Help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by warrboy, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warrboy

warrboy Thread Starter

just recently i noticed that my speaker of probably 1 year or so started making a buzzing noise. i did some googleing but none of that seemed to help me. i have 2 speaker hooked up to a woofer ( i dont think spell it right) the box that you hook your speakers into to make more bass. The buzzing is not my computer because i hooked it into my ipod and it was still buzzing.

2. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

I think you mean sub-woofer. They make good vibrations during movies.
    My opinion is that your equipment is starting to show its age a little bit. If you turn off your speakers, it should stop. But as long as electricity is running through it, it will be making that noise. I think speakers have always made some level of noise without input, but will get more obvious over time.

3. HCD

HCD

buzzing can come from cable break / interference. Which speaker is buzzing - sub-woofer or ordinary?

4. vistashen

vistashen Banned

Reduce the volume and check if the buzzing is the same. IF you notice that the buzzing is constant and hearable even after you reduce the volume. Likely cuase might be the IC or Transister of your amplifier kit becoming weak.

5. raybro

raybro

A buzzing noise is often caused by a poor connection either at the speaker or on the back of the computer. Check all connections.

Raybro

6. warrboy

warrboy Thread Starter

I think it is the sub-woofer because when i take out the plug that goes into it the buzzing get lower and it is not noticeable.i tried turning down the volume but i can still hear it.

7. jeffg59

jeffg59

I have a Sony Vaio, 4 logitech speakers and sub woofer. I am getting a buzzing noise which increases when volume is turned up. I have checked all connections and moved any cables/wires from touching the spaeker wires. Cant seem to get rid ot the noise!!! Please help!

8. HCD

HCD

Best chance of response is to start a new thread - in meantime....isolate each speaker to see if noise is on all when connected independently or with just one. If just one then wire needs replacing. If noise present on all - problem lies with 3.5m jack connection or sound card.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/830785