1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my starcraft game wont load!

Discussion in 'Games' started by SpeedofLight, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedofLight

SpeedofLight Thread Starter

I bought starcraft and the expansion about a year ago and always played them. then my computer messed up and I had to use the system restore disc which wiped out all my precious files(luckily i saved my starcraft maps). so about 3 months later i tried loading the starcraft discs and they dont work! all that they do is make the noise of a disc spinning around like its about to do something, but it just makes my computer run really slow until I take the disc out. I tried going into 'my computer' and clicking on the starcraft icon as it appears in place of my c drive icon but it just gives me the hourglass until i take the disc out. I tried both of my disc drives and they do the same thing. I gave the discs to someone else and he said that they work fine.

What do I have to do to get this to work?! Every other game of mine works fine, even older ones!
    Oh and btw I am using Windows XP

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    did you do a fresh install with the system restore cd?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/358276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice