1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My switch won't work!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JosieSaasta, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosieSaasta

JosieSaasta Thread Starter

So I'm trying to connect my internet via a switch I got but it doesn't seem to work. I have a router that I connected a CAT5 internet cable from and into my switch which seems to work just fine but when I then connect a CAT5 internet cable from the switch and to my desktop computer nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

I have a Jensen Scandinavia - Fast Ethernet Switch, 5 port. The power light is on and the light that shows that my cable from the router and to the switch is working. But the light for my other CAT5 cable that goes to my computer isn't on so there's something not right. Since I'm not good with these things I'm asking you to please help me!

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Try a different cable from switch to computer.

3. JosieSaasta

JosieSaasta Thread Starter

I just did and it worked! thanks ^^

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice